Regular inspections are the most important part of controlling termites before they do any damage. Therefore:
- arrange regular inspections – at least once a year in cooler areas and twice a year in warmer areas
- inspect during periods of high termite activity - early spring to late summer is generally the best
- keep the edges of the house (slabs, foundation, piers and stumps) clear of clutter, including garden beds and vegetation
- professional pest controllers are trained in inspecting houses for termite activity - use their services
- home owners can inspect houses themselves more frequently than a professional, if they can identify termite activity.